Friday, December 27, 2013

near and far



How can something so close seem so far away?

A favorite place, easily viewed from my window inside, is not the same when I can actually spend time there. Just as viewing a place on a website far away, from a window on my computer monitor, visiting that place IRL (in real life)- must offer so much more -if only one could actually be there.

These are things I dream about.

Life is busy, and hasn't allowed much time to be at a favorite place.

Yesterday, while the sun was shining, I enjoyed this place. Enter.



There was a large ice cube at the base of the twining trees,



and the river was shimmering, full with the light from the winter sun.



The rocks are coated in snow and ice,



and the rim stands in stark contrast to the dark waters.



Walk with me!

4 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Such a beautiful place you have to stroll about. The rivers here were running with huge chunks of ice until the warm up. Now everything is mud. UGH... Not to worry. It will freeze up again soon. Do enjoy this time to travel, even if it is just in your mind.

judy said...

Such a beautiful rocky slope. I was imagining tne sound. It was warm again last night when we crossed the PA rivers on our way east.

Cathy said...

Thinking about the sights and sounds and smells of the winter river. Inspires me to get up the canyons and see how they look after the flooding!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for such a beautiful, restful walk. A lovely way to start the new year.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin