Tuesday, October 02, 2012

it brings happiness


words and spinning. an interview from Adam Dyess...

"It is not important how hard you are working, but what are you getting done?"

"For me the hardest part is to stop the spinning!"...."some days, fourteen hours..."
..."and I have to stop, but I like to spin more!"....

"If you have a good wheel, a good spinning technique, and a good fiber. Then it is just joy...nothing less, nothing more...just joy. And at the same time you are having joy, you are producing thread"... "...and you are producing joy and yarn."

That pretty much says it all!

9 comments:

Vlaďka Cepáková said...

This is something that I feel exactly the same. What I do when I'm not just good onr the soul? I'm going to spin wool ball :-) And days are again beautiful.
Greetings and happy spinning.

Manise said...

Happiness indeed! What a sweet man.

Judy said...

"That's good stuff" Agreed

Lisa at Greenbow said...

It must be addicting.

Cathy said...

Oh - so perfect to read this as I have a morning to myself and Shetland fleece on my mind.

Unknown said...

His hands are so wonderful to watch as he works - and his words educating.

finnsheep said...

Very cool! Gotta show my husband!

thecrazysheeplady said...

I need to go out and feed, but am going to watch him one more time when I come in for lunch. Who is he? I tried to google, but didn't see anything up close. I LOVED what he said about spinning the super fine "perfect" yarn "...that is not my language...I want to tell people who I am." Powerful stuff.

Anonymous said...

The video guy cracked me up with his complete lack of knowledge-almost to the point he didn't know what questions to ask. Adam Dyess showed masterful patience, along with his wonderful skill and wisdom!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin