Friday, September 21, 2012

squash bounty


This has been a very good summer for squash. Summer and Winter Squash vines have been producing, beautiful Cucurbitas!!


Our area has not had a frost yet, so the flowers and vines continue to grow.


We have been harvesting squash and herbs for winter storage. The horseradish had a good summer too. And the basil is bigger than recent memory conjures up.


The millipedes are on the march! I see them crossing the road, and take time out to sit and watch where they are going.


They are busy doing millipede things. They do not notice me. I place obstacles in their way to see how they behave. Mostly, they continue on in the same direction they are going. They are on millipede missions.

The Endless Mountains Fiber Festival has come and gone! My tea cozy took a blue ribbon! Nice pattern by Kate Davis, many thanks, Kate!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the blue ribbon for your tea cozy! I admired that when I first arrived at the fiber festival on Saturday.

I enjoyed conversing with you about your beautiful fibers and Russian spindling - I'm still practicing. My biggest problem is getting enough twist to hold the fibers together. I don't have any problem when I drop spindle and spin on my wheels - I guess I just need to spin that thing way more than I think before winding on.

Amy (from Lopez)
amy@iceboxofpa.com

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Wow look at all of those squashes. They do indeed look yummy. The farmers around here didn't have as good of luck with their squashes. Even at the Farmers Market there wasn't a lot offered. The drought just ruined about everything.

I nearly swooned over the tea cozy. It is gorgeous. It deserved a blue ribbon.

Have a great weekend.

Judy said...

Congrats on the blue ribbon, well deserved. I am still picking beans and tomatoes. I got my winter squash in too late to get much. Have a great weekend.

Tina. said...

Love the tea cozy! Beautiful work!

Shearer's Girl said...

What a harvest! The tea pot deserved its ribbon.

Jody said...

Congrats on the Blue Ribbon!
Your harvest looks delicious Cyndy.
Winter squash is one of my favourite vegetables :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin