Monday, July 06, 2009

shine

The sun has not been shining much on the riverrim, but the skies opened up over the weekend..and ....oh my...

Photobucket

Fresh cool breezes made time in the garden very pleasurable. The broccoli and currants are keeping me busy. In the late afternoon, the wheel is taken out to the deck and I'm glad to sit down for a few moments and ply the singles that I spun on the CPW...the bobbin turned out 196 yards of 18 wpi 2ply of Allspice alpaca. The luster is surprising!

Photobucket

A new project has been started for Paco Fino. Two strands of the alpaca are carried over size 11 needles...

Photobucket

the pattern is still under construction in my mind and I have come to a junction where I need to stop and put the pattern onto paper ~ it requires math. And while I pause to contemplate and tabulate...my fingers find a spindle and silk, and a third thread is destined to become part of this stole.

Photobucket

In an attempt to keep ahead of myself, I've been spinning the next batch of Allspice on the Great Wheel. I load the quills to about 100 yards so the cops are not too heavy. I've been plying off from the makeshift lazy kate and onto the Ashford...I'm pleased with the results, but have not photographed them yet.

12 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Knitting requires math. This is another reason why I don't do it. tee hee....

I love the lacy pattern of what you are knitting Cyndy. That first photo is a keeper too. I can almost feel the rain when looking at it.

Jody said...

Oh my what beautiful spinning. Handspun alpaca is such a joy to knit with. I am truly spoiled for choice and don't even buy yarn anymore.

Valerie said...

yummy yarn!!

Judy said...

The sun shining finally was very welcome indeed. However, it was a little chilly this morning. Grace had 45 and I had 52 when I left at 8. I think you better knit faster so we will have something to keep us warm when the frost comes (next month?!)

Leigh said...

Keeping ahead of oneself is always a good idea, LOL. Lovely yarn and lovely pattern. I'm amazed you can do that out of your head.

annmarie said...

after all the rain that we've had here in the northeast this past month, the last several days have been especially precious! what a joy to be out in the sunshine in a lovely breeze. :)

Manise said...

Gorgeous handspun and starts of something beautiful! Love the borage flowers in the sunlight. Yes we've had precious little of it save the glorious weekend and yesterday. 3 consecutive days of sun shine made me positively giddy. Rain is back-ugh. A good day for spinning though.

Tammy said...

Gorgeous yarn along with some gorgeous weather :-D

thecrazysheeplady said...

The first photo gets a big WOW! Fabulous shot. The spinning is nice too ;-).

Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

Gorgeous glimpses into your world once again! Thank you!

elizabeth said...

I'd say you definitely took advantage of the sunshine! Gorgeous pics and I swear I can feel how soft that alpaca is through the monitor!

vanessa said...

ok, i should just tie on a bib to catch the drool when i open your blog.
that first photo, breathtaking!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin