Tuesday, November 18, 2008

gems

Photobucket

I woke up before first light today. I could see the ice blue snow on the ground, but it wasn't until the sun started coming up that the beauty revealed itself.

Photobucket

It is a wet snow and will most likely melt inside of a few hours.

Photobucket

The camera finds a moment to freeze time. The snow sparkles like gems, but the camera cannot capture what my eyes see.

I am reminded of something else I've been wanting to show you.

Photobucket

My sister has been encouraging (enabling) me to get busy with opening my button store on etsy. She has been creating some of her own to sell in the store too. They are beautiful.

Photobucket

There is so much going on here...all of this on top of a button!

Photobucket

and who knew button making could be so much fun? I'm doing my best to get the store up and running ...details...details...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cyndy, you should print and frame that first picture. It's incredible.

I've knit my button band and will send it to you this week! I allowed myself to get sidetracked on other projects. :o)

Lynn said...

That is a beautiful button!

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

The button is an important feature of a garment...That button is inspiring....keep up the good work! Ginny

vanessa said...

please send me your etsy link as soon as you open!

that first photo would make an incredible holiday card :-)

Dawn said...

Oh, What Scenery! Beautiful!

Gorgeous Button!

A shop with Sis ..... How nice!

Many Wishes for Hugh Success!!

judy said...

How beautiful. Good luck, can't wait to see it.

Lori said...

That's a button???
Wow.
You're amazing.

Judy said...

I was driving to town when the sun finally came over the mountain...made for treacherous driving as my eyes were on the view and not the road! Had to stop for a turkey crossing! The button is beautiful! Creativity oozes from your family.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Nothing more beautiful than the first snow of winter.

Now that button is fantastic. CAn't wait to see all of your offerings.

Anonymous said...

The magic of waking up to the first snow of the season.

I'm thrilled you are planning to make your buttons available! Please let us know when your etsy shop is open.

knittingdragonflies said...

Thanks for the snow pics!!
And the only other thing I can say is "wow" what a button!!
Vicki

Blog Widget by LinkWithin