Tuesday, January 22, 2008

finishing up

Photobucket

I've been plying, skeining and finishing the last of the bobbins from the pound of Romney that I spun on the Great Wheel.

I decided to block the yarn while drying. I use a pair of antique wire sock forms for this method....although there are a number of things you can use that will do the trick. Whenever I hang my skeins, I always remember what Katy Turner suggested....

A convenient blocking method from Katy Turner: "The skeins are suspended between two dowels or sticks. The upper dowel is hung from a clothesline, chairbacks or shower rod, and the lower one is weighted with plastic bottles containing water or jogging shoes. Not your own, somebody else's, because they get wet."

7 comments:

Dawn said...

Looks lovely!

Judy said...

So is it all done? How much did you get and what are your plans for it? It is beautiful.

Joanne said...

I've just given you an award on my blog! Come visit. Thank you for your lovely posts!

Sharon said...

Your Romney looks great. Love the advice of using someone else's jogging shoes!! Great idea!

Anonymous said...

Nice balanced yarn. Stats? Yardage?

Anonymous said...

Wow, you spun a whole pound of fiber on a walking wheel?... That's a lot of back-and-forth. I guess you got your exercise. :-)

Lisa at Greenbow said...

That blocking method is a hoot. I hope you used someone elses shoes. tee hee...

The yarn looks beautiful.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin