Monday, September 04, 2006

Q is for Quills

Honey, have you seen my quills?

Noooo...not those....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

feathered quills for making pens

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

porcupine quills (or needles)

no...they're not the ones either...hey, didn't we just use that photo for n is for needles?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Now that's what I'm talking about!
"But they look like corn husks", you say....

That's right, I roll my own quills..

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

september notes 12th - 1st fall warbler 14th - bear sighted 15th - maples dropping leaves 21st - woolly bears 29th - first fire

2 comments:

judy said...

I have SO much to learn. You are a constant source of wonderful ideas. And, the pictures are beautiful.

YST said...

I was visiting my sister in law on Sunday, and they spend time in Canada every summer. She showed me pictures of the quill art work that a vendor was selling up there. Very wonderful pictures of bears and eagles. And they run very high in cost. She has one tiny basket, in very bad shape because someone was going to throw it away. Most of the quilling was gone. I would love to see some examples in person sometime. Here's a link to the quillwork online:

http://www.mainframegallery.com/pangowish/index.html

Blog Widget by LinkWithin