Wednesday, October 27, 2004

a poncho "fo"



I finished this gift set for a friend of mine, whose daughter just recently had a baby girl. The poncho was constructed on the 3foot triloom. I wove two tri's together, that I had spun out of merino/mohair (50-50). I had purchased the roving last Feb. from Countrywool, and had just enough left to complete this small project. I plied the mohair blend together with some light pink lambswool stash that I had left over from ...well...I can't remember when. I knit the hat and booties from the lambswool, and trimmed them out with the plied mohair. This project did not take all that long to accomplish. The "time factor" is one of the biggest things I like about weaving on the triangle loom. It took less than 2 hours to weave that little poncho, and if I had been knitting it, I imagine it would have taken me at least 2 days.

Don't for get to check out the moon tonight, should be a nice show.....

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin