Friday, December 05, 2003

now that is a lot of bear

The numbers are starting to roll in and it looks like they will top three thousand! The biggest one I heard of weighed in at 864 lbs! Tomorrow is the last day, so we will see who holds the record. My neighbor took a small male off our mountain yesterday afternoon around 4:10pm. He had to call for help dragging him out (must be around 150-200lbs) and finally got him down and over the stone walls by moonlight. Still not much going on the deer...my guys went out on opening day but did not even get a shot off. Its the same story all over, I suspect the deer are bedding down in preparation for this storm that is coming in.

I have been very busy preparing for the craft show, which I come to find out today has been cancelled on account of the storm. In some ways this is good as I have more time to do fibery things. ..however...I should be getting out the christmas decorations! Looks like this storm could be a doosey...I got the shovels out and tucked the chickens in! (sent them to bed with the Halloween pumpkin to nibble on tomorrow) Anyone care to tag in with snow totals??

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin