Wednesday, February 07, 2007

wanting to walk

I didn't really want to go for a walk today. Oh, I wanted to take a brake, get some fresh air and exercise, even if it IS cold. My reasons for not wanting to go all centered around time. Finding the time in the day for a walk. There are so many other responsibilities, that a walk seems frivolous, a dalliance that I cannot afford. It is times like this that I realize taking a small walking break is EXACTLY what I need. Somehow, a small walk can clear the mind from the burdens and tasks that must be completed. They are all waiting, they do not go anywhere, but one returns to them refreshed. So I put on my gear, you need "gear" to go outside these days. And I went for my walk. I want to thank Judy for starting her Walk with me Wednesday. I probably wouldn't have walked today if it were not Wednesday. And I would have missed the sun. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting The sounds of birds and rushing water would not have been near my ears. The icy cold air wouldn't have become part of my breath.... Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting And I would have missed a visit with the woodland creatures. They were surprised to see me, I think. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting The mother gave me a sharp snort, and was not willing to stick around for a photo shoot. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Her twin fawns, now only slightly smaller than she is and in nice coat, are a bit more curious, Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting but finally decide they had better follow mama.

7 comments:

Anne P said...

I do so love your pictures. Fawns and running water - those are the best moments - and you've gotten them on film!

Pat K said...

You are so right. When you think you really can't take the time to walk, it's imperative to do exactly that. I love the river pictures. I have always loved water in nature probably more than anything else, even more than the deer and fawns. Especially the sound of waves and/or running water. (So why do I live in the middle of the desert?)

judy said...

I can't believe that you can get so close for your pictures. You must have a special aura. Love the pictures.

meresy_g said...

They look so cute with their thick winter coats on. I hope they are nice and warm. Its nice to happen upon things like that. Makes it worthwhile going out in the cold.

Judy said...

I see the deer on the back ridge every morning and evening but not that close. They tend to stay away because of the dogs. They are beautiful.

gtr said...

Great pictures.... nice warm coats indeed!

Your walks are an inspiration. One of these days it will be light again in the evenings and I can have a daylight walk sometime!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking me along on your walks !.( going along by way of the pictures I mean ) Love it!!! wish I could be there in person! Love you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin