Friday, February 09, 2007

knitting revisited

This morning, I found this in my inbox...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

"Oooohhh! Thankyou thankyou thankyou!!!I don't know what I'd have done without these since the cold began here.I wear them constantly.I think of you every time I look at them. Thank you again!"

I made them and gave them as a gift over a year ago, and had forgotten all about them. It is a good feeling to know that you can make something with your hands and keep another persons feet warm.

Old FO project notes as I remember them...

Felted Footies pattern from Countrywool. One strand handspun Finn carried with one strand handspun Alpaca. Fairly quick and easy pattern, the hard part is trying to figure out what size to knit for the recipient, as the fulling process is sometimes difficult to control.

2 comments:

Judy said...

I remember when you made them. I think you got my mitten kit at the same time. That was the first time that I had to spin wool to knit a particular pattern. I must say that you do your part in getting people addicted and you do it well.

meresy_g said...

Those look so warm and comfy!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin