Thursday, March 23, 2006

slow going

Image hosting by Photobucket
This morning while I was washing the breakfast dishes, I glanced up to see something I have never seen before in my life.  It was so awesome that I cannot stop thinking of the image.  I wish that I had been able to take a picture of it.  It was an eagle flying up river with a huge tree branch in it's talons.  The branch was so large that the eagle was working very hard to get the loft that it needed to fly over the ridge.  I made note of the time on the stove clock.  I will be waiting tomorrow to see if the eagle comes back with more nesting material.  The branch was probably 3 times bigger than the eagle.  I was glad that my son was standing nearby, and that he got to see it too.  It was a nice way to start off the day.
Image hosting by Photobucket
I have gone through all the tissues in the house...and find myself getting a sore nose.  Progress is slow on fiber projects.  First, I have almost completed the leg portion of the Embossed Leaves sock...a few more rounds and I will be ready to turn the heel.  I am becoming more comfortable with reading the pattern from the chart, but still prefer a written pattern.
Image hosting by Photobucket
Meanwhile, the Icelandic wool waits for me to finish a bobbin. 

2 comments:

Karen said...

Oh Cyndy, I can emphasize. I think I went through an entire box of tissues yesterday. I hope you get well soon.

I love Tongue River! I'm so glad you're enjoying their rovings.

Karen

cyndy said...

Hi Karen-

Thankfully the DH brought another 2 boxes of tissues for me on his way home from work!...I hope you are getting better too...

This is a first for me with Tongue River. I was impressed with what I saw at the NYS&W last fall. I purchased enough to do some resist felting projects, but have been enjoying spinning for starters.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin