Wednesday, February 01, 2006

"C" is for....

Image hosting by Photobucket
C is for camel that's been processed to roving...
Image hosting by Photobucket
which spinners will tell you is easier than Carding
Image hosting by Photobucket
C is for chamomile, homegrown tea to drink...
Image hosting by Photobucket
my supply is dwindling..which leads me to think....
Image hosting by Photobucket
C is for Catalogue...my seed order is due..but C is for another thing that might interest you..
 
click on the link  to go and see what the mystery C could be!
 
For those of you who are wondering about the letter "C"...I have joined the ABC along........."C "olor me "C" razy..

7 comments:

Dawn said...

I'd love to sit and sip a cup of chamomile tea with you Cyndy while watching you spin that roving. Aren't seed catalogues lovely to browse through this time of year? Quiet little books of encouragement . . .

cyndy said...

Hi Dawn-

Have you ever had fresh chamomile tea? Its like drinking a basket of apples (It makes a wonderful hair rinse too.) I grow the German Chamomile/ Matricaria recutita.. a tall annual, for the tea but Roman Chamomile/ Chamaemelum nobile is a low-growing perennial..and I encourage that to fill in as ground cover.

And the catalogues are wonderful...so many choices...

Leslie Shelor said...

Love the "c's" I've enjoyed spinning camel; it looks great with my fawn angora!

cyndy said...

Hi Leslie,
This will be my first time spinning camel...and I'll just bet it looks great (and feels wonderful) with your fawn angora--(for that matter...what wouldn't! Fawn angora would vastly improve any fiber in my humble opinion!

Judy said...

Spinning is very Calming. Which you will need since it seems you are in a Corundrum looking thru all those Catalogues. Just remember there will be a Crisis if you don't get the seed order done. Consider the Consequences! I love this Craziness!!!!

cyndy said...

Hi Judy- Hi Spinner Gal-

A Crisis of Colossal Calculations!!
I need to Collaborate with my Colleagues and Contemplate the seed Collection at hand, before I Comission a Comercial seed Company!

Ever think of how many plant names begin with C??

Anonymous said...

Your teapot and chamomile look very inviting. Very clever 'C''s, & nice to follow along. The German Chamomile is my favorite, it is what I grow on the island--just the smell alone can sooth the soul & soles. Yes, apples, "a basket of apples"! Love that description.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin