Monday, January 23, 2006

diversion

Image hosting by Photobucket
di-ver-sion
n.
 
1.The act or an instance of diverting or turning aside; deviation.
 
2.Something that distracts the mind and relaxes or entertains
Image hosting by Photobucket
Lately I find myself being diverted from what I intend to do.  This fun yarn was a quick diversion from shawl I have been working on.
 
Even the forsythia blossom on my window sill provides diversion from the winter landscape.  They stand in stark contrast to the bush outside, still sleeping in the bud.
Image hosting by Photobucket
The melodic sounds of my son's guitar take my mind to a different time and place...and thoughts are diverted.
Image hosting by Photobucket
The January thaw is over, and the snow cover returns.  Time to get things back on track.Image hosting by Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the word you chose--'diversion'--it diverts but does keep you on track. I love your fun yarn! And your forsythia is blooming away--nice sight. I miss my son playing the guitar at home now that he is in college--I feel 'homesick'. Your post has been a pleasant diversion.

cyndy said...

Hi Judith!

Some are teasing me about "forcing" the forsythia, but I cannot help myself!...(hey, they needed a little pruning anyway, right??)

Leslie Shelor said...

I can't think of diversions more pleasant!

cyndy said...

Hi Spinner Gal, Hi Leslie!

That yummy yarn is from "Tochay's Farm Fibers & Yarn Emporium"...Christine McKay...I picked it up at NY Sheep & Wool fest.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin