Monday, May 07, 2012

goodbye to Lakota

She slipped away last night when the moon was so big and so bright.

...it is so hard for me to say goodbye...and thank you. She was such a shy creature, but a loving one. Her wool, though not the best I have ever seen, was fine enough to be knit into a beautiful garment that was sent across the sea... as a gift...and in return, I received a song. A tune of my own.

I used that tune to calm the soul of a loved one, during a very troubled time.

So, my friend, I thank you. Good-bye for now. I will miss you. But I will always remember you, and your wool will keep me warm for years to come.

13 comments:

Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

Oh Cyndy, I'm so sorry for you loss. It is never easy. Hugs!

Sue said...

What a sweet girl, and beautiful fiber/yarn/knitting.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Such a beautiful creature. I know she will be with you in spirit now. Big hugs.

judy said...

May you find comfort in your memories and see her when the moon is bright and full. She's beautiful.

Lynn said...

I'm sorry. Such a lovely rabbit.

Anne P said...

I'm so sorry. It's never time enough to say goodbye to the 4-footed friends we make, is it? Hugs to you.

Valerie said...

cyndy,

I'm so sorry for your loss. Amazing how our little furry companions capture our hearts in their all too short lives.

thecrazysheeplady said...

{{{hug}}}

Cathy said...

Oh - the rabbit in the full moon is always so compelling - how fitting to slip away during that time.

cindy said...

Our pets mean so much to us. I am sorry to hear about Lakota.

Manise said...

So sorry for your loss Cyndy! Losing furry friends is hard indeed. Hoping the pain eases with each full moon and wearing her fiber brings you comfort. Hugs.

Jody said...

So sorry for the loss of your sweet bunny Cyndy..hugs to you.

elizabeth said...

She's so beautiful! I'm sorry for your loss!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin