Saturday, October 30, 2010

embrace the inner spider

Photobucket

Early this morning...as I was walking the indoor trash to the outdoor can, I noticed the spiders were busy last night.

Dew had formed on their webs, and sunlight reflected off the drops like little gems. It was quite beautiful.

Photobucket

There were sparkling images and designs on each strand.

Photobucket

I took lots of photos, but the camera really didn't capture the same beauty that I saw with my eyes. Wandering around and noticing the webs made me realize there must be hundreds -no- thousands -no- millions of spiders in the woods...and with Halloween just around the corner, it seemed a bit spooky!

Photobucket

But then ...spiders aren't really all that scary to me...I can relate and even admire them...we have a few things in common.

Photobucket

They like to spin and weave, and so do I.

16 comments:

Valerie said...

I always think that about spiders as well.

Nice photo's! They certainly were busy.

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Spooky spider scare Saturday! Screaming Ginny

Sharon said...

Lovely photos, so hard to capture the beauty of some things. Busy spiders spinning away, pity I haven't had time for MY spinning!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I didn't see so many webs in my garden today. You have some gorgeous webs here. Happy Halloween.

Manise said...

I love spiders too! Great shots and segue into that last photo!

DebbieB said...

I'm arachnophobic - so I almost didn't read your post. I would have missed the beauty you captured, so I'm glad I braved it. Thank you for not including the little weavers in the pictures. :)

Judy said...

They spin a much finer thread than I do. But it is not envy that makes me say you spin outside and I will spin inside. They are beautiful and do beautiful work but like the snake in the garden...not when I am in there. I love taking clothes off the line and bringing them in only to find a huge wolf spider intermingled. EWWWWWWWWWWWW! Happy Halloween.

Mette said...

I keep repeating myself, your photos are GORGEOUS. Thanks for sharing.

Anne P said...

Like spun glass threads....

Marcy said...

Lovely webs! Now just spritz a little water on your spinning, and you'll all match. :D

thecrazysheeplady said...

Love it!

Anonymous said...

Amazing photos! You know how I love spiders. Now, I don't want them on me, but I love to watch them and see what they create!

Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

Your shots may not match real life, but you captured them beautifully! Thank you for sharing them. We're often too dry for dew on spiderwebs so they rarely glisten and sparkle like that around here.

Cathy said...

I love seeing the dew on the webs. Gorgeous to see yours!!

Tina. said...

Such awesome pictures as always and a beautiful post!

bspinner said...

What great photos!!!!!!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin