Thursday, December 13, 2007

more weather

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

More weather, more beauty, but at the same time, it makes "getting around" a bit difficult. I worry for those that are ill, and need to go out in the weather for care. So far, I think we have about 8 inches.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The plow came down the road once today.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It is a good day to be inside. I made a pot of soup on the wood stove, so the house smells inviting as you come in from shoveling and other outside chores.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Today, I decide to trim out a pair of mittens with a touch of angora...but discover that I don't have enough. I find the basket of clippings and dive in. One of those times I am glad I'm a hand spinner..so I can whip up a little yarn in no time! Angora trim- makes an otherwise plain mitten- into something special. If I have enough time, I will make a hat to match.

9 comments:

Judy said...

I measured here about 5 PM and we had 8 inches. Have you heard what to expect this weekend? You might want to make more soup!!!!!

pacalaga said...

Brrrr! It's been warm enough here that I can heat the living room with the fireplace and save the furnace for when we're sleeping, but I'd guess that's probably not the case where you are.

Leigh said...

What neat photos. Living in the south, I really do miss the snow. I agree with you about the pot of soup on the wood stove!

Sharon said...

Ohhh, snow... its so hot here! I'd love to rug up and 'play' in the snow! I'm sure if I actually had to live with it, I might not be so excited! Oh, and lovely soft angora to play with....

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Luna's fur looks a lot like that angora.

Try to stay warm.

Lisa

judy said...

I think we ended up with close to 12". It is settling fast in temps just above freezing. Wish I could load my wood stove.

elizabeth said...

If I can't have snow, at least I can look at pretty pictures of it! Yes, isn't it great to be a spinner?

Pat K said...

What pretty pictures!

Valerie said...

Merry Christmas to you, Cyndy. And thanks for all the eye candy you provide through out the year.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin