Monday, October 16, 2006

T is for transition

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

transition - an event that results in a transformation
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This year has seen events that have resulted in transformations along the river rim and in my personal life as well. I learn from my surroundings how to transition. The edge of the river changes constantly as ebb and flow dictate.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The plants and trees along the river bank have to be strong so that the flood waters don't erode them. And so I too, need to be strong when life and events test endurance. Faith anchors me like the roots of the tree are anchored to the shoreline. I am living in the riparian zone.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The river, like life, is ever changing. It changes it path throughout the years, as time and events devise the course.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It takes patience to watch and see what that course will be.

6 comments:

Dawn said...

Beautiful! An apt description of both our lives this year Cyndy. We are stronger for the trials though as we keep moving forward, one day at a time.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post, Cyndy, both words and pictures. I hope that your faith will indeed be an anchor and a comfort to you on the way.

judy said...

Once again, you touched us. Beautiful post, wise words. Your Juncos have arrived? The cardinals are busy with the berries on my cork bark.

vanessa said...

cyndy, between the jelly, the spinning, and the autumn , your photos always amaze me :-)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful and touching post. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

A beautiful post, indeed, Cyndy. "Riparian" viewpoint is taken to heart. And your photos make me feel like a bird, flying above your riverrim. Take care.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin