Monday, December 22, 2003

a christmas bunny

I am very excited to report that I got an email from Claudia at Countrywool telling me that I have a shot at owning one of the new born bunnies! I am very happy about this, as I have had my name on a waiting list and had almost forgotten about the possibility of getting one of these. The bunny will be able to come home with me after the 2nd of February (yet another reason to look forward to groundhogs day!) I told my two does that they will be having a new beau around to impress soon...they cannot wait either!

I am trying to resist the last minute urges I have to start a pair of mittens or a scarf or something. I still have wrapping to do, so it would be foolish of me to put the pressure on now....still it has me wondering why I feel compelled to do this! It must be that I have no current projects going on the needles. I could always finish the weaving that is on the loom, but that would not scratch the itch to start something NEW!

The chickens had a wonderful day out strolling around. The temps went above freezing for a change, and the girls came out to stretch their legs and get some fresh air. You would never know that today was the first day of winter (arriving at 2:04 am), or the December solstice. It is also the shortest day of the year. One of my aracuna hens thought it was so nice today that she decided to come out of her molt, and laid me a pretty blue egg! Tomorrow, they forcast temps in the 50's...time to break out a Hawaiian shirt!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin