Tuesday, November 18, 2003

when eagles dare

Today I heard my rooster putting out the alarm call. It was not at the best time, as I had just stepped out of the shower. I quickly dressed and put a cap on my head so I could go outside to see what was the trouble. He had all the girls held up inside of the big forsythia bush. I tried to tempt them out with some sunflower seeds, but they weren't having any of it. Now I know something is wrong! Just then I heard something that sounded like a fox, wait a minute, maybe it is a raccoon. I go walking down the hillside in search of the sound...looking under bushes and behind trees...nothing. Oh well....I start up the road on my way back to the house when suddenly about 8 foot over my head swoops an eagle! I was so startled that I almost hit the dirt! (Now I know how the chickens feel!) His wingspan was larger than my windshield! What a beauty!

This afternoon I had the opportunity to visit with two fellow spinners. What a delight! I think I am going to join the local guild of spinners and weavers. One of the women I met knows how to spin flax. She offered to teach me if I would teach her how to needle felt! Sounds like a deal to me!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin